[When Celiac Support Group board member Meghan O'Hara, RD, blogged about how to deal with sugar cravings on her True Nourishment website, we knew we wanted to share. Meghan graciously agreed to be our “guest writer” for this purpose. Excerpts (plus a link to the full article and her website) follow. Thank you, Meghan!] Read more…
Celiac Support Group Blog
Did you know you may have a possible tax deduction for the costs of your gluten-free food? Read more…
“Critical” can mean being disapproving, but “Critical Thinking” means analyzing both merits and faults of whatever we hear, read or see. Today, from a gluten-intolerance perspective, I'm thinking critically about poop matters. Read more…
After what seemed like a long wait, I recently received the Nima, a small portable device that detects gluten in food. I have used the Nima sensor on three occasions. All of my tests have been at the same restaurant. I have become comfortable there, and I am on a first name basis with the chef. Read more…
My husband recently coined the word “Adversatility” by mashing “adversity” with “versatility.” To me, “Adversatility” says a lot about gluten-related disorders and how we overcome their challenges. Today we celebrate a victory related to one of those challenges. S.2943 – the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2017, was signed into law on December 23, 2016. It provides for gluten-free food choices within the U S military for those affected by celiac disease and other gluten-related disorders. Read more…
Though my doctors later went along based on my history, my 1986 celiac “diagnosis” was provided by the Carmichael Public Library. Read more…
Choosing to find out what was wrong was our first hard choice. Do our different reasons really matter? Eventually we all learned that avoiding gluten grains can resolve symptoms from celiac disease, other autoimmune conditions, leaky guts, IBS, SIBO, and/or mood and other non-gut issues. Resolving uncertainty and finding relief from its worries - what a great choice! Read more…
- Sugar Cravings? Strategies from Registered Dietitian Meghan O'Hara
- Tax Returns and Gluten-Free: 3 Positive Connections
- Critical Thinking: Poop Matters
- Restaurant Gluten Sensor -- Is it worth the price?
- NDA Act 2017 - Forward March!
- Gluten Solutions: Splotches
- Does Diane Have Celiac Disease?
- Our Gluten "Response-ability"
- Gluten solutions: What do we choose now?
- Gluten Solutions: What will we choose later?
- Celiac Camp (1)
- Celiac Disease (2)
- Celiac Disease Diagnosis (3)
- Gluten and Stress (2)
- Gluten Free Diet (16)
- Gluten Free Labeling (10)
- Gluten Free Restaurants (5)
- Help/Support - Diet/Lifestyle Details (28)
- Help/Support - Relationships (3)
- Media Watch (6)
- Medications (8)
- News (2)
- Non-Celiac Gluten Sensitivity (5)
- Recipes (1)
- Research (13)
- Travel (7)